Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Walking a Kitty in NYC

...doesn't work. I thought Dip was young enough to get adjusted, but maybe I missed the boat. Dip was also born on a farm upstate, so I guess she's a country cat.

I bought a harness and a leash for the cats so I saddled up Dip, which took forever anyway because I couldn't figure it out, and then had to tighten it, all the while she was fidgeting and stepping out of it.

She was already a little nervous walking down the stairs, and once out on the street, it was just too much for the kitty. She was howling like crazy, clawing the hell out of me, and running every which way everytime she heard a car, bike, bus, or people (who were laughing at me), and she was dragging herself on the harness and it just LOOKED like animal cruelty.

My goal was to make it ONE BLOCK to the park where it would be serene and grassy, but I didn't even make it to the corner before I had to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment