Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weezer B-Sides

A few occurrances lately have sparked the revitalization of my love for all Weezer b-side tracks. I lived off of these in high school and I somehow forgot about them, and am back to listening them incessantly and feeling like a sophomore all over again.

And on that same note I am back in a musical frenzy phase, all I want to do is listen to music all day every day in every way. I wake up and get ready to music. I listen to my ipod through my subway ride to work and into the building. I youtube music and listen via headphones for as much as I can during the day, and clean, cook, and do everything with music on.

I don't understand people who get territorial about music, who feel like other people "don't really like" a certain band or genre, that they are faking it. Doesn't a good bass beat or guitar riff transcend clothes or profession or social status? And I've never worked well with the question "what kind of music do you like?" I like EVERYTHING! There's a time and a season for every genre. I like Michael Jackson, REO Speedwagon, Dixie Chicks, Heart, Weezer, The Smiths, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Ben Harper, Tchaikovsky, Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, David Guetta, The Carpenters, Jimmy Eat World, The Sundays, Lauryn Hill, what's the point of listing more, I just love music!

Yesterday I finally got to celebrate Ronnie's birthday with him. We met up in Times Square and I got my first Shake Shack! After that we did what Ronnie insisted on doing... riding the Ferris Wheel at the Toys R Us.



I was extremely embarrased about it, but you know, once you're on the car, it's not so bad!



Just another night in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment