Monday, September 20, 2010

Round Two

Tomorrow I'm going out for another (and a different) volleyball league. I am inexplicably nervous. I think it's because I've gotten comfortable with current surroundings, and I'm opening my world again. I decided to switch leagues for the fall because a) the last one wasn't challenging enough b) it was player-manned. For this new one, it costs more, but it will be indoor with gyms, equipment, refs, etc. The first one was perfect for summer though, since we played outdoors in Central Park. I'm looking forward to trying the new one and meeting even more people now.



There are many things that I want to pursue, or at least, try. For now I am content to keep with volleyball. It's active, it's fun, it's co-ed, and hey, I'm even a little bit good at it. New York City offers so much in the way of everything, and I've barely scraped the surface of things that I know I like. I can't wait to discover more and more.

Other than that, life continues. I go out with my co-workers more often. Ronnie and I are starting a production company. On lunch break a few weeks ago I visited a Borders and bought 4 books and am currently wrapping up the first, a 700 page biography on Michael Jackson. It's SO engulfing and I devour any chapter or paragraph I can on the subway. Today marked September's eyebrow threading down in the Financial District, which I always look forward to. I write a lot, and keep my ears open for new music. It's getting colder in general. I can still go without a jacket, but it's starting to be a bit of a gamble, especially if I'm not coming straight home after work. I'm trying to start early to build up my winter armistice of clothing while it still might be even a little less expensive since they're just coming into stock.

And at this moment, all I want is a huge bag of M&Ms!! I don't even want chocolate, I just want plain M&Ms and to eat them til the cows come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment