Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome to the World James Andrei

My aforementioned wonderful friend Alice, who turned 24 in May, gave birth to her first baby this past weekend on Sunday, September 5th. James Andrei is the adorable little baby boy born to Alice and her husband Andrei.



I always knew it would be a boy! Back in February, Alice and I had been playing phone tag, and she finally got ahold of me in the morning as I was getting ready for work. She asked if I had a moment and I said not really, since I was running late (story of my life) and she said "I just have one thing I really need to tell you, it will only take a second". I had an inkling, but still wasn't sure, and i braced myself and said okay, and then a moment and then... "I'm pregnant". I gasped involuntarily and the minute she had said it, I saw her in my mind's eye with a little boy.

I missed her baby shower back in July since I was already in New York. I considered going home for it, but then decided that I would rather be able to meet and hold the baby, so I decided to wait until Christmas. For a gift, I sent Alice a package with a purple "I <3 NY" shirt for her, and a tiny little green baby's "I <3 NY" shirt for James.

Alice and her baby:



The papa and his boy:



And my absolute favorite here is Alice's dad Ted with the baby



(Thank you Facebook for the pictures!) I know quite a few people who have had babies, but for some reason none of them affected me the way Alice's baby has. Knowing her since we were just little 7 year olds and remembering growing up, it's just so emotional to see her with a baby. And as I told her... if that kid is half as mischevious and we were, she's in big trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment