Thursday, September 30, 2010

Studio Woe

I'm pretty sure there are funner and better things going on in my life than complaining (like the Brooklyn outing to Barcade last night!) but the only thing plaguing me in this moment is the CLEANING going on in my studio. In a place this small, and living by myself, HOW is it that I need to clean this often?? I'll do an entire weekend cleaning session, with baseboards and vacuums and bathtub included, and feel like I'll never have to clean again for another month... yet in 4 days I find myself cleaning again!!

Maybe it's my studio itself, maybe it's me that I never noticed before, maybe it just looks like more of a mess since it's so small, or maybe it's the cats. I do get frustrated about it, but it doesn't take long to remember that it's all part of the whole experience I guess, of living alone, of not being able to afford a top floor penthouse, and that it's a small price to pay to be able to live alone, and live in the neighborhood that I do in New York City.

I know that some of it is the cats, and it's definitely been an adjustment to have strictly indoor cats, but it's another small price to pay for the company they afford me.

Still, despite all that, in this moment, I am so annoyed at all the cleaning that I need to do tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment