Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DMV is a Four Letter Word

Woke up a planned hour and a half earlier than usual to the perfect storm. Thunder, lightning, the gutters aflow with rivers of rainwater. My feet are soaked before I make it to the subway. The train ride is miserable, and long, filled with miserable people, for a long time. The DMV website says it opens at 8:00 but guess what? It doesn't open until 8:30. Waiting in a rainy, cold line already 20 people deep. After 35 minutes, now safely inside, I pull out my soaking paperwork and realizing... oh yes. I forgot my passport and social security card. So I just leave.

It's never just one trip to the DMV, and even if it's perfect, it will never be perfect. And this was ALL BEFORE 9AM. That's before 6AM YOUR time, all my California cohorts!

2 comments: