Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The United Nations

Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I spent it out and about, visiting Brooklyn, visiting the United Nations, and attending ballet class. AND I finally reached Gold Status with Starbucks! That had long been a goal of mine lolololol

It was a beautiful day, and it was nice to be able to enjoy the city. There's always a different feel on a weekday versus a weekend. This is the fountain at the City Hall garden



Below is not a great picture, it was an afterthought, but it's the United Nations plaza with all the flags stretching an entire block. It's agreat feeling to be there, feeling the work of the nations and desire for peace, I really liked it.



There's a Friends joke around this... if you get it, good for you! Plus, it's fun to say Boutros... Boutros... GHALI



This was in front of the famed stained glass mural on the inside. And me being emo lolololol



I had a sad awakening at ballet when I saw a sign that they are raising the prices. UGH. They're already pretty bad enough. And I thought we were moving past the recession?? It was discouraging to see the class card I get go up over $100. Not to mention I need to invest in more dancewear... having 1 leotard and 1 pair of ballet tights doesn't do you well when you're going 3 days a week, trust me. There are salt stains from the sweat! TMI?

Last night after ballet it was so balmy and warm outside that I walked up to Penn Station from the Village.



Isn't it sucha beautiful view? I've been here over a year and it still gets to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment