Monday, August 15, 2011

Thanks to the Woolf

Alex and I have officially level'ed up from being Boxcar Children, and now live in a Little House on the Prairie. How did we do that, you ask? A kitchen hutch, for one!



My friend Matt is starting classes at Columbia in the fall so he found a studio just 4 blocks away from me! Good news for two reasons: 1. Friend in the hood. 2. Access to great furniture! With a generous deal in tow, Alex and I acquired the aforementioned hutch, a 57" TV, and TV stand, which also allowed me to bring the old TV and stand into my own bedroom.



I can't believe how much of a home this place feels like now with these small changes.





Oh, and I had ordered a desk that came in, and I decided to get all the manual labor out of the way and assemble it on the same day. That thing took me an entire disc of Seinfeld to put together... including special features and interviews! Ugh. After that I couldn't be bothered to figure out my bike basket. And I don't even have a chair for the desk. Lolololol fail.



I don't want to acquire too much "stuff" or get too tied down here, but it feels nice to be in a home, and not a boarding house. I still need to acquire some art for the walls. I love all my paintings and pictures back home, but there's no practical way to get them out here, so that's the next goal I guess.

Yesterday it was so miserably rainy and gross, I went home after ballet and didn't bother staying out or getting Sunday day frozen yogurt or anything. I didn't have rainboots so my feet were soaked and I was miserable. I can't stand the rain. And who the hell needs rainboots in August? It's a demented world on the East Coast.

1 comment:

  1. This must be your new apartment!! AAH so cute! I hope you are enjoying it!

    PS- i just got those messages you sent me last summer. sorry. i'm not very savy at this whole blogging business. :)

    ReplyDelete