Monday, August 8, 2011

Two Door Tavern

I love brunches. I developed my affinity for them in San Diego I think, when Pam and Priya and Sri and Raf and I and whoever else would walk to Hash House, or Mo's, or Fiesta Cantina on lazy Sunday mornings after nights out, and there's nothing like hair of the dog morning Mimosas or Bloody Mary's. I didn't have brunch in mind when I dragged Ronnie kicking and screaming to the Brooklyn flea market in Williamsburg, but it ended up being the cream cheese icing on our cake!

The flea market was smaller than I had imagined it to be, and while it was fun to look at stuff, I was incredibly unimpressed, considering the prices. I mean, these were "Goodwill goods with Bloomingdale prices" as Ronnie put it. We were there in the hot sun for awhile, but started to get really hungry. I knew of a diner a little bit futher inland, so we started the trek over there, when we passed by this tiny little storefront of a brunch location.



I was lured in simply by the promise of a $12.95 brunch that included muffin appetizers, an entree along with a choice of a mimosa, bloody mary, beer or soda AND coffee or tea!!! Coffee AND a mimosa? I'm there. Ronnie and I each wanted something sweet, and something savory. We already were oozing over the idea of an omelette and chose the salmon, cream cheese and spinach omelette, and then took a chance on RED VELVET PANCAKES.

Nothing in my life, will ever be as fulfilling, as those red velvet pancakes were. They were DELICIOUS and MOIST, with cream cheese drizzling over the top, with a side of maple syrup and candied walnuts in some sort of cinnamon glaze. We devoured it in MINUTES and then proceeded to spend the rest of the day with uncomfortable stomachaches. (The omelette was delicious too).

Our cups runneth over when we were awaiting the L train back to Manhattan and Ronnie spotted Michael K, the blogger for our FAVORITE, MOST AMAZING, VULGAR, AND WITTY blog dlisted.com. It is the top of the top of hilarious gossip sites. I consistently laugh out loud reading that, and being face to face with Michael K was incredible! I was a giggly mess and had nothing of importance to say. I blame the distractingly delicious red velvet pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment