Saturday, August 13, 2011

Til The Sun Also Rises

I have officially seen it all. Very few go to underage clubs while they are underage, and even less go when they are of age. I was so happy to spend time with Tashi, we could have swam in the East River before picking up leftover trays at McDonald's for dinner and I would have been happy just to see her and spend time with her. Lucky for me, that wasn't necessary, and we all met up at (get this) an underage Asian nightclub in the Flatiron district. (Her brother is only 20). Waiting in line for THAT definitely made me feel as though there was little else in the city that would surprise me. But that was until we had the most fabulous night there. What is that?!

Aside from a very young demographic overall, and a much higher Asian population, I couldn't notice the difference between this and any other club at all! They had great club-remix music of top 40s, a full bar, and my friends. We spent the whole night dancing so I was too distracted to take pictures, but I have these gems from the beginning.

Ronnie and I took this picture and he said I looked like a girl-next-door and he looked evil like he hated me.



So after that he wanted to take a picture with our roles reversed. Below was the product of that



One of my favorite Ronnie quotes from last night included: "Wow Kristin, you're like a solid 9 out of 10 tonight!" I'm not sure if that was a complement, especially because Ronnie adds digs in with complements, and complements after an insult. The next one was having Ronnie scream over the music, sweaty while we're dancing: "HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU THINK WE'RE BURNING?!"

At the club the DJ would periodically ask "Where my Filipinos at?! Where my Japanese at?!" and while he didn't ask where his Caucasian females were, it probably wouldn't seem right to cheer for that, so I just cheered for everything. When he called "If you were born in the '90s, represent!" I actually got really freaked out! Am I old? Since when do kids born in the 90s go clubbing?

Following the closing of the club, we got some Pho in East Village, said our sad goodbyes (Tashi and her brother flew back to California today) and I took the subway home, walking to my door as the sun was rising and some neighbors were already outside with coffee and the paper. The sign of a good night, right? Few things make me as happy as dancing, so following a week of work, just dancing til the sun comes up makes me happy.



You can imagine that needing to get up at 11 and move furniture was not my favorite thing to do today. I don't know how I'm still awake now. Oh yes I do-- watching Arrested Development which is too entertaining to not pay attention.

1 comment: