Friday, August 12, 2011

Scholar's Hall Reunion

My freshman year at UCSB, I somehow ended up on a "special-interest floor" in the residence halls titled "Scholar's Hall". No one quite knew what that entailed, and if it was supposed to be quiet for studying, that definitely didn't happen. However, we wore that title proudly, and we had a mini-reunion with Tashi in town!

She was upstate for a Tibetan retreat, and is now back in NYC for a few days with her cousins and brother, so we all made one jolly night of it. With a leotard under my dress and shoes and tights in my purse, I actually went to ballet before we all met up in the Bowery at B Bar for dinner, and then to East Village for some sake bombs and this crazy concoction of a cocktail drink served in a watermelon.



It was GOOD. TIMES!! Tashi used to live right across the hall from me, I was a heartbeat away from being her roommate sophomore year (cheaper rent took me around the block from her with Amanda) and we were still friends senior year singing all our songs together.





I sadly don't have pictures of me and Tashi on my phone from last night, but these are some of the nicest pictures Ronnie has ever taken with any of us! (To give you some reference, I would like to bring up a flashback from a springtime night at the 80s bar Joshua Tree, which represents a completely standard picture from us two)



When all was said and done I was in bed by 4am. Yes, I am miserable at work today. Nothing a power nap after work can't fix, since we're all going out again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment