Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Williamsburg Waterfront

A not-so-longlost friend from my volleyball team texted me the other night and asked if I cared to join him and friends to the Death Cab concert in Brooklyn last night. UmmmmletmethinkaboutitYES!

As much as I do appreciate and like Death Cab for Cutie (so many memories of sophomore year when I hear Bend to Squares, and Photobooth!) what stole the show last night was the venue, the beautiful airy and outdoor Williamsburg Waterfront. It is all outdoor, gorgeous, along the river and overlooking the Manhattan Skyline. The crowd seemed just as content to lounge in the Biergarten, enjoy the view with the live soundtrack playing for us as they were to actually paying attention to the performance.

I rushed home after work to "freshen up" (read: change into shorts and redo makeup that melted right off in the subway), took along a Vitamin Water (possibly spiked?) and headed to Williamsburg to meet up with the friends at a little divebar for some pre-game drinks before waltzing over the venue. We were of the group perfectly content to just double-fist our beers in the Biergarten area, enjoy the music, summer air, and let the sun set over us like this



And have a gorgeous view in the evening too!


Some of the people lived really close to me so I even scored a free ride home, yahoo! I'm totally paying for it all this morning though, and ballet tonight. Sighhh!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!

    I picked up their last cd "Codes and Keys" and I absolutely LOVE IT!!

    Highly recommend it! <3 DK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the heck is DK? Is that you, mother?

    ReplyDelete