Monday, August 29, 2011

The Monday After.

I am inexplicably bitter that my weekend was stolen by a lame, good-for-nothing rainstorm, and not just any weekend! The weekend of Spike Lee's 3rd Annual Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson party. Last year, as soon as it was over, I was already excited for next year. Little did I know that meant I was looking forward to being holed up in my apartment while typical wind and rain lashed outside and kept New York at a quick standstill. I know I'm being selfish since there was flooding and damages at some places, but overall... just ugh. Why did that have to happen on the weekend? Can't New York get today and tomorrow off to make up for that awfully lost Saturday and Sunday? (#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS)

Life is slowly returning to me like blood back to my face after a lengthy headstand in yoga (proud to say I've actually done that too). So as far as I can tell, the only good thing about today is MJ's birthday, happy birthday! Thanks for Thriller, bro.



And if that hurricane has seriously swirled summer away with her as she left, just as it seems (there's a cold edge in the air that worries me)...yikes. My melancholia comes earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment