Sunday, November 21, 2010

Autumn in New York

Yesterday was such a wonderfully pleasant day! I was slow moving in the morning from the "happy hour" the night before, which turned into a "happy night". Usually our company happy hours are on Thursdays which, with work the next day, keeps them somewhat tame. But being on a Friday, it went pretty crazy! It started at 6p, and it was free flowing until I guess 9 or 10p? when a huge group of us grabbed a limo a headed up to the Empire Hotel's rooftop club. It must have been like 15 of us in that limo, so we were all just crammed in and laying on top of each other, but it was fun! We had a table at the Empire Hotel with bottle service, the music was good, and we had so much fun! I didn't get home til early morning. Considering how long it took me to come around the next morning, I'm starting to think that I can't keep up with NYC nightlife...!

On Saturday, I met up with Ronnie, Betsy and Casey near the Natural History Museum for a flea market and Shake Shack (but Ronnie brought me Fay Da Bakery treats!) and then we walked through the park. The fountains are off for the winter, but it was so beautiful!! Leaves everywhere and the trees all oranges and browns and reds. We wandered across the Boathouse and Angel of the Waters and found the huge Alice in Wonderland statue on the east side of the park.



When we came out on the other side, we walked to frozen yogurt before splitting up. Ronnie and I took a walk down 5th to do a little shopping (a sale at New York & Co got me two BEAUTIFUL and SOFT FUZZY WARM scarves!!) and go through the shopping district. While I still don't acknowledge the Christmas decorations, it was so warming! We looked at the window displays at Bergdorf Goodman and Bloomingdales, and went into Tiffany's! We walked to Columbus Circle and split up when Ronnie went to Borders and I went to the Lower East Side to meet up with an old friend.

Alex and I share a lot of memories from high school days! We were part of a pretty solid and regular group of friends, that I have no idea how we all disbanded and drifted apart, but I suppose it's inevitable. Alex was visiting the city as is a regular custom of his, and we met up on the Lower East Side, wandered up to the East Village for sushi, and then to Rockefeller Square to see the tree (it's currently still under construction but the ice skating rink is up in full glory! The ice skating rink that alEX says is for "children and happy couples").



It was great to catch up, and be with an old friend and a familiar face again. I am so happy that while time goes on and circumstances change, you just never know what life holds, and who you can run into again, and I'm so happy that the people I've met in life have been such great people I can still meet up with years later!



I am so so SO happy to be in New York City! With so much going on, such beautiful sites and scenery, seasons, and events, I am so happy to live here and be a part of all of it, be in the crowds and explore new places, and be able to come home to my little studio in Manhattan.



Today I am going to go play in a 3 hour open play volleyball with my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment