Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THINSGIVING!!

This morning I woke up, had coffee, then got ready and made the trek to Queens to celebrate Ronnie & Kristin's First Annual Thinsgiving! It's a healthy, fat free take on Thanksgiving, celebrated by just us, the two loneliest kids in NYC on the fourth Thursday of November this year.

I had been really sick all week, and went straight to bed after work yesterday because I felt so blah and my nose wouldn't stop running. So it was great to wake up feeling better.

I thought the holiday-schedule trains would take forever but actually it was great! Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time? The E train out to Queens was even running express :)

My contributions were the turkey (pre-made and seasoned slices from Whole Foods), red wine, pumpkin pie, and deviled eggs! I hard boiled the eggs last night and made them at Ronnie's



Now we're working on the stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans and corn before we set our table, complete with "mock brocc-tatoes" and homemade apple cider!

We are youtubing Thanksgiving episodes of TV shows and will watch The Family Stone over dinner. Ronnie says we have to walk 10 blocks on Roosevelt Island on the way to Betsy's east side apartment tonight to complete Thinsgiving, but the jury's still out on that one.

Ronnie would also like me to mention that the plates we will be eating on are... very nice.



Here is us in the kitchen, I'm enjoying my red wine from a fancy plastic cup!



This is our Thinsgiving stuffing: broth with vegetables and oats!



Our Thinsgiving feast! I told Ronnie we should have a centerpiece, so he brought out the "This Is Why You're Fat" book. Amen!

Thinsgiving was completed with Turkeyaoke (thank you Grease, Kelly Clarkson and the Carpenters!) and with a frosty TWENTY block walk around beautiful Roosevelt Island, and the East Side to feed Betsy's cats. I am SO. FULL.

...and so thankful (thinful?) too!

No comments:

Post a Comment