Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blue Skies, Sunshine

...and 34 degrees Fahrenheit. One thing I'm not used to is freezing weather in clear skies with no snow on the ground. Yes I actually spent most of the weekend outdoors in this weather. What scares me is that it's not even snowing yet! I met up with my friend from Westchester and we were going around Central Park when he said "Winter really is on it's way" and I said "I thought this WAS winter!" It's such a fun change though, I really do enjoy putting on the scarves and jackets and gloves before heading out, and it's fun being outside all bundled up, and the air seems so fresh when it's frosty.

This morning I went to church and then went and spent time at Battery Park (I love sitting on the benches there and people watching on a background of the ocean and the Statue of Liberty). It was SO COLD that I felt it was finally time to go buy earmuffs or a beanie that covered my ears, but every store I went in was either too expensive or too crowded, so it put me in a sour mood.

To make up for it, I visited Michael's a few blocks from me to buy a few Christmas decorations as a pick-me-up! I would love a tree, but it seemed too impractical, so I got a small wreath for my door, some lights, some sparkly red and gold poinsettias for the vase on my nightstand, a scented candle, and since I have that fireplace, I couldn't resist getting a stocking to hang up over it. My ears may have to stay cold until the next paycheck, but it's worth it because I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment