Monday, November 8, 2010

If We Just Give It Half a Chance

Happy Monday! I had a great weekend and am somehow not falling over from exhaustion at the keyboard, so it makes for a good week, I think. I'm finally making friends enough with people that I have weekend plans and places to go!

After a day of sleeping in and cleaning, friends and friends of friends came over to my place to meet up and try Absolut Brooklyn (a Spike Lee invention of Absolut vodka with red apple and ginger flavor... goes amazing with ginger ale!). It was my first time seeing Betsy since we graduated! Not only is she a class of '08 Gaucho, but she was also a resident of the Scholars Hall in the San Nic dorm, and now she's in NYC with me and Ronnie! Who would've guessed?? You just never know where life will take you.

Betsy and Ronnie:


Me and Betsy:


Anyway we headed down to see my coworkers' band play for their album release show at a venue called Arlene Grocery in the Lower East Side.



It turns out we were lucky to get in since they hit capacity and lots of people got stuck out in the second bar room. It was so fun!! Lots of coworkers, and lots of fun. For some reason, the first time I saw their band it seemed to have a distinct reggae sound. This time, it was totally The Cure meets Echo and the Bunnymen and is introduced to Muse. I loved it! And I forgot how much I love going to shows! I feel like I used to do it every weekend my sophomore and junior year in high school, why did I stop? I love live music!



After the show we went a few blocks over to Kush and were there for a few hours. I knew about this place from when the San Diego crew was down. It's a Middle Eastern themed bar that always plays fabulous music!

Gauchos Locos, what's wrong with us 3 in this picture?


Here's a much better one of the Scholars:


New friend!:


And me. R.I.P. the Mermaid Necklace. It was my birthday gift from Ronnie in 2006 and met its end in this night


Everyone left after awhile and then it was me and Jayna, and after we went back to Arlene Grocery, we wandered the Lower East Side being loud and obnoxious, getting on motorcycles and singing to the masses, made it up to Sing Sing in the East Village before getting pizza in Union Square and calling it a night.

Sunday for me was spent sleeping in, a big breakfast, and watching Seinfeld before I headed out to Queens for dinner at Ronnie's place. After getting LOST (WHY is there a 72 Ave, 72 Rd and 72 Dr ALL RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!?) we had a great dinner with dessert and tea over Korean dramas, the real housewives of New Jersey, and a few other select viral videos.

It has been SO FREAKIN' COLD, I am very thankful for my Skullcandy headphones that have been acting as earmuffs in the meantime.

I actually have songs from Saturday nights' show stuck in my head and have hit up ReverbNation.

And if we just give it half a chance at love
Maybe it will grow
And if we just give it half a chance at love
Maybe we can know
And we can sell it on a true romance
If we just give it half a chance
So baby take me to the floor and dance
And give it half a chance


I actually legitimately like the band now and am not just saying that because I know someone in it! (Below is my coworker on the right, and his brother as lead singer on the left)



44 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment