Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmastime!!

Now that Thanksgiving is officially completed, I can now start celebrating Christmastime!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR, and so far, New York City is second only to Germany in its love for Christmas, and even then, there's a chance that the Big Apple may surpass it! There are huge snowflake lights on the lampposts up and down my avenue, the shops at Columbus Circle have amazing 3D color changing stars hang in the windows, and the trees are PURE LIGHTS....

The stars...



The trees...



I can now light scented gingerbread candles, drink gingerbread lattes from Starbucks (to me, that's a Christmas drink... I still indulged in the fall classics like pumpkin spice and creme brulee in the meantime) I will shop in the Christmas markets at Union Square and might try to go see the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza this week (haven't decided if I want to battle that crowd yet).

Thanks to Cousin Bobby, I have a program that burns DVD's, and combined with my Netflix account, I have been Netflixing like crazy, not even watching, just burnin' and returnin'... burning tons of Christmas movies in preparation for the season! First up, maybe Nightmare Before Christmas?



In other news, I have changed my alarm to the radio instead of a buzzer (love it!) and am now addicted to this song I have heard every day this week (including this morning!)

I feel the sun creepin up like
TICK-
TOCK-
I'm tryna keep you in my head but
IF-
NOT-
We'll just keep runnin' from tomorrow with our
LIPS-
LOCKED-
Yeeeeeah you got me beggin' beggin' baby please don't goooooo ...!




...although all music soon subject to morph into my Christmas favorites, like Jimmy Eat World's Last Christmas, and the whole third volume of Maybe This Christmas Tree, that I've been addicted to every holiday season since 2003! (Compilation CD of contemporary remakes of Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Baby It's Cold Outside, Jingle Bells, and complete with a Death Cab for Cutie's version of Baby Please Come Home, and my favorite, though non-traditional Fairytale of New York by Pilate)



I'm ready to go outside although I don't dare go near the shopping... I think I will go run / power walk around the Central Park meadow just down the street from me. Only 22 days until I'm back in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment