Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Queen

So I have to admit that I am a part of this crazy crowd obsessed with Prince William and Kate Middleton and I am JUST. SO. JEALOUS! I mean, she was just a normal human being, and now she could potentially be the Queen of England! I want to be the Queen of England! I was stewing over it all day and reminding my coworkers every chance I had that I wanted to be the Queen!

So, before heading down to the Triple Crown pub, I put on some Aveeno oatmeal lotion I keep in my desk drawer, and Jayna calls me elitist. I tell her "Well if I want to be the Queen of England, I have to start acting like the Queen of England" and to THAT Jayna responds "Well you know what they say... dress for the job you WANT, not the job you HAVE" We were laughing about that one all the way down the elevator and into the bar.


(Does anyone else think this looks like Grandma Shaffer??)

I now plan to show up to work in ballroom gowns, gauntlets, and a crown

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Ok, so I just have to comment on this one!

    I know exactly how you feel. I was 18 years old when Lady Diana Spencer became engaged and married Prince Charles. I guess it wasn't until all the news coverage with the royal events unfolding that I learned that she was born in the U.S., not all that much older than I was; why didn't anyone tell me that there was 'a Prince out there to be had'??? That would have made you some sort of Princess just by birth. Damn! Sorry! Let me send you your first tiara to get you started.

    ReplyDelete