Monday, September 26, 2011

The 2011 Vendy Awards

I think I had maybe 8 hours of sleep collectively over the whole weekend. Today I am exhausted and not sure how I'll get through work, let alone a three hour class tonight. I don't even know where to start. I'll try at the beginning. But I already know that there's way too much to fit into one entry, I'm going to break this up into a few different pages. This first one is for the 2011 Vendy Awards.



Early Saturday morning, had to get myself up and down to downtown Manhattan to hop the ferry to Governor's Island to volunteer at the Vendy Awards. It was my first time at Governor's Island, which was a pathetic 2 minute ride away. Seriously we all would have been better off swimming there. STILL... it is beautiful, and old and green, fresh, plus a fabulous view of the city



Why was there a pirate ship? I just don't know!



The Vendy Awards are annual awards that aim to support the local street vendors and stuff in the city. (Textbook description, I know). I checked in, set my stuff down and got to eat (all for freeeee) before I started my shift of table service and waitressing in the VIP tent.

Free and unlimited food from these INCREDIBLE street trucks... everything from souvlaki, tacos, ice cream, ice pops... to Korean BBQ, falafels, tamales, pupusas, etc. I didn't get to take too many pictures, so I had to steal these off of the news websites and stuff covering the event.


Tacos trucks with delicious tacos just like in Mexicoooo


This was some sort of red bean pastry and a Makers Mark creme brulee donut sooooo goooood


This ice cream truck had all different palettes of ice cream, and I had one with granola, chocolate flakes and flax seed. Not half bad!


Cupcakes.... red velvet and maple bacon!

So much more I couldn't even find online! White wine and Brooklyn brewed beers, ginger ales and so much more!






Judges Table (including Gayle King and Colin Quinn)

People were very friendly and nice, but it would be doubly fun to do it with people I know. And happy it didn't rain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment