Friday, September 9, 2011

All the Animals

I love animals. I really love all kinds of animals, I think that they are so cute. And even though I'm a cat person (I actually typed that "car" person on the first attempt, and that is also true) but I still like and appreciate dogs. And beyond that, bunnies and rats and hedgehogs and elephants and giraffes and really whatever made it into the Ark.



When I'm stressed at work, I love to look at cute pictures of animals (that, and Rage Face comics!), it's so calming.



In my speech therapy classes in college, we were learning techniques to reduce stuttering, and did you know that one of them was animals? Having a pet with the person was calming and de-stressing, and helped them to stutter less.



My friend in Germany has a sister that works with autistic children. She recently opened up her own business in it, and uses horses for therapy with the kids. Isn't that awesome?



Some people suggested that I be a vet but seeing animals in pain or dying would be absolutely beyond me. And biology isn't my forte anyway.



Aren't animals so cute? Even when you can't see their faces, like this one lololololol



(Can you tell I've needed to de-stress a LOT this week at work?? It was either that, or pulling out my hair. And since I cut it, I don't have a lot left, so the choice was obvious). Also, I had a dream the other night that my sweet little Mr Rat Rat was in. It made me miss him! And it also made me think about getting a rat again in my life. And he's not dirty, he was the sweetest, most cuddly and adorable little bugger ever!









And yes it's true that the subway rats here aren't intimidating to me at all, and when I see their greasy selves on the tracks, I actually see that little face above!

No comments:

Post a Comment