Thursday, September 15, 2011

Clothing Angst!

I hate clothes!!! How many times can I say this? They're expensive, the trends change too fast, people are so judgmental over them, and they're so trivial and stupid, and I just don't care either!! I never realized how Californian I was... all I ever want to wear is jeans and a T-shirt. I appreciate new clothes occasionally and it's nice to look nice, but then you feel like shit when dress is anything less.

The WORST part: when your clothes don't fit you!! When my clothes started to not fit in San Diego, it's because I was porking up and everything was getting too tight. When I finally talked some sense into my then-lazy self, it was to make my clothes fit again so I wouldn't have to go buy new ones, so I started changing my eating and being ridiculously active. Well, now my clothes don't fit again, but it's mainly because I've lost so much weight now. All my pants are saggy and falling off of me now. I SHOULD be happy, but I hate having to go shopping for new clothes!! I think I'm at the breaking point though, because I looked like a MESS yesterday with my pants falling off of me and it turns out, for work, it's not a very good look.

Oh! And I finally saw where all the Sarah Jessica Parker's of the city hide in their holes during the day. I never believed they existed but it's not true: all the self-proclaimed socialites and fashionistas who just look like train wrecks of color and fabric and material all huddle together for warmth anywhere off the Broadway-Lafayette train stop... and when I say huddle, I mean that they stand 2 inches apart judging each other for not wearing as "daring" an outfit as they chose that day.



Betsy and I went to the Little Cupcake Bakeshop in NoLita to pick up a slice of Banana Nutella cake and took it to Ronnie at his work in NoHo in preparation for his birthday today... and picked up 2 cupcakes for ourselves: Blue Velvet and "Princess Dream" --try ordering that and not sounding like a loser.



Happy Birfday Ronnie Reginald Reno-Shin Moon-Sun Choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment