Tuesday, March 15, 2011

364 Days Left

...until my next birthday.

I had a great day, and was sad to see it over! At work we had lunch delivered and a delicious buttercream cake from Whole Foods. I got a card from my mother (for a 5 year old, but she drew a '2' in front of it), a gift card from Aunt Patricia, and tons and tons of love from everyone via text messages and Facebook. After work I went home to relax and change, and then went out to a restaurant/bar on the Lower East Side for a birthday dinner with Ronnie, Jayna and Casey. Raspberry martini and sliced tomato with feta salad. Below is the inside of the Anyway Cafe



Ronnie, who tries to buy me something useless every year, ends up buying me something I love, and this year it was 3 pairs of earrings, 1 pair of green rhinestone chandelier earrings, one gold and purple disc earrings, and 1 pair of large gold owls with rhinestone eyes, which I am wearing today! After dinner, Betsy met up with us and we went to karaoke in the East Village. So much fun! This morning my coworker Kimberley brought me a birthday gift! It is a gold pewter box with an owl face, and inside it says "Hoot!" because she knows I am obsessed with owls. It was so beautiful and thoughtful. I was spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment