Friday, March 18, 2011

Springtime!

Somehow I miraculously managed to get ready and go to work today. I was NOT feeling able, but felt it was necessary after being gone last Friday, and only having worked 2 days this week. I don't know why I'm here. But at least I can survive and don't have to use my sick days.

So? Beautiful news: It's warm!!! It is so gloriously warm here, and even the breeze is warm, it feels amazing, I can't describe what it's like to go outside without the bite of an icy chill. It's apparently only 74 but I feel like I could cook an egg out there. For lunch Jayna, Jenny and I went and ate at this outdoor patio down on 29th Street in the sun, where there is a huge big screen TV above and watched some March Madness games. Our work here is doing a bracket pool and actually I'm not doing too bad! This morning I was ranked #10 out of 27! Not bad for someone who picks purely based on how much I like a name! What do I know about their defense or starting line or average points scored in a game or how many field goals they get? (joke).

Oh, and a belated birthday present came in for me today: an Apple TV.



Just in time too. I can be able to sit back in bed (sick) and use my Apple TV while the beautiful weather and New York City goes on outside my window. Such a bad weekend to be sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment