Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Feaster ♥

To combat the Thinsgiving of 2010, Ronnie and I proclaimed a FEASTER for 2011, which meant a homemade family brunch with me, Ronnie, Betsy, Casey and Caroline.

I've had such a great weekend, that Feaster was the ultimate way to end it. On Friday, one of our students was throwing himself a goodbye party at the "Triple Crown... the Irish pup downstairs" as the flyers said, so staff and all went down to have drinks with him and celebrate. On Saturday I ran errands in the rain, did some spring cleaning, showered, and went out to a coworker's Easter party in Brooklyn which was incredibly fun and helpful to hang out with everyone outside of the office. Then... Feaster!

All the weather reports were saying rain, but it was a beautiful, gorgeous day in NYC, I mean warm and sunny and hands down the most beautiful day of 2011 so far. I woke up, had coffee, prepared deviled eggs while watching the Grove's Easter sermon online and then loaded myself up with my Feaster eggs, orange juice, champagne and cheesecake!


This was me before heading out, in springy pastels

I could NOT believe what a beautiful day it was, especially when it had been forecasted to rain all day. The trek to Betsy's on the Upper East Side was long and relatively painful, especially carrying things that needed to be kept cool. But I made it, where everyone else was in full preparation of the brunch. We had ciabatta bread French toast with caramelized bananas, toasted mini whole wheat bagels with ham, turkey and cheese, deviled eggs, Whole Foods sausage, and mimosas. After we couldn't take any more, we all took a walk along the East River, to come back and relax with open-window breezes in Betsy's sunny apartment while watching The Real Housewives, and cut into my cheesecake.


Nothing has ever looked so lovely to me as this cheesecake!! (Oh and that last deviled egg you can see... I ate it ten minutes later so I could wash the plate lololololol)

By 6p we headed out, but it was still so balmy and warm that Ronnie and I decided to walk around the neighborhood, window shopping along Lexington, Park and Madison Avenues as we slowly zigzagged to Rockefeller Center to catch orange-lined trains. Unfortunately we got caught in the impending rain, and by the time I got off my train it was pouring, and now it is thundering and coming down pretty hard outside, but we got the best part of the day out of the sunshine.

I know it's not thanksgiving, but holidays make me especially thankful for the rest of my Californian-misplaced family and that we are always able to get together and be around each other for these days. As I was listening to the Grove's sermon today, I was thinking about how it's always the same message. Like for Christmas, it's always about God's humility to come be human, and for Easter, it's always Jesus' resurrection which shows the power of God and the conquering of death and the love of this that was done for us, and I was wondering which one was more important to remember. But-- they're apples and oranges, I don't think one is more important than another, but we celebrate and learn these to remember them and focus on each aspect in its own time. I am thankful for technology and being able to attend my home church still virtually, and be reminded and humbled by the love and victory Jesus portrayed. And of course-- eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment