Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Moonface

This morning I had some issues with my apartment that I tried dealing with myself, but in the end couldn't, so I had to accept that I needed to call the landlord... but I wasn't sure if it was something that I could call him about, or if it was a tenant responsibility.

So I was googling landlord responsibilities and all that jazz, and I came across this landlord forum of different threads with landlords telling their stories and offering advice, and one of them said this:

"...never ever ever ever ever ever ever rent to straight female moonfaces under the age of 30, you'll save yourself a TON of grief. Trust me on this one."

Since I fit the bill otherwise, I had to keep reading, where he specifies what a "moonface" is:

"What is a moonface? Chicks under 27 from the midwest and the west coast who move to the east coast seeking a faaaaaaabulous cosmopolitan life. they are a terror to rent to. they will annoy you and scream and holler about anything and demand you come at 2am on a sunday night to unclog their tampon clogged toilet and that if you dont she will call daddy's lawyer and withhold rent type of a situation."

Lulz. Granted my dad doesn't have a lawyer that I know about, and I'm not here on my dad's dime, but yikes, remember when I called the landlord because I couldn't open the window??

I still went ahead and called the landlord and got everything under control. I've always hated dealing with household problems and landlords, but being forced to deal with it has made it not so scary, and I've become a lot more self sufficient because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment