Friday, April 8, 2011

Kooky NYC

My recent acquisition of an iPhone has given me the newfound liberty of musical freedom, meaning that, I can listen to more than 108 songs, and actually choose which ones I feel like listening to (as opposed to the method a la Shuffle). Ironically though, I find myself rarely listening to it. I am too engrossed in Shantaram to waste my time on the subway simply sitting there with a soundtrack playing, and very rarely do I feel like drowning out the sounds of the city when I am out and about. I prefer to walk while listening to honking cars, foreign chatter, people hailing taxis, street vendors selling food... the works.

Still... when I do put it on, I have started to try to re-listen to bands, songs, albums, that haven't been played for awhile... enter back into my life THE KOOKS. These British punks played 2 or 3 times in Bordeaux while I was there and I ignored the fanatacism of the Brits I knew going to these shows every time until alas, it was too late, and I finally gave them a good listen when I was back at my California university for my senior year and became obsessed, and didn't get to see a show until the fall of 2008, when Becca and I drove up from San Diego to watch them play in Hollywood. I had since bought their albums and am back to obsessing over them again.



On a separate note, this was me and Ronnie at karaoke the other night before Joshua Tree. I guess we were singing Son of a Preacher Man?

No comments:

Post a Comment