Wednesday, April 27, 2011

thelovebrick.

My internal musings yesterday led me to feel like New York City is a city that you can literally be in love with. It will bring you the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. This is an exhausting city, and one that I can understand the high turnover rate for. It's a place that will chew you up and spit you out half digested and barely breathing with only a faint pulse... but it will also bring the brightest, most rewarding days of your life that leave you feeling like a Queen who had conquered an Empire and has nothing left to prove. You can walk around feeling like birds are singing and starvation has been cured, even on a gray rainy day. Still, it's a continuing struggle, and overall I think she's faithful... if you put your time and loyalty in, I think she will be kind and rewarding after a time.

Lady Gaga's new song Judas sings this lyric
I've learned love is like a brick
You can build a house
Or sink a dead body


In short, it's powerful, but does not inherently reap goodness: what you choose to do with that power will determine its course and qualities.

In a way I think you could see New York City like that. But it's the only city I've lived in that you can literally fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment