Friday, April 22, 2011

My Binkie Beedie Belle

Anyone close to me probably knows what a ridiculously avid journaler I am, and because of the shelves-worth of books I have filled up, I save them also. My first journal, and one I still have, is a demolished, wide-ruled and scribble-filled, page-ripped and nail-polished-stained book with a cover of an underwater scene with corals, exotic fish, dolphins and orca whales. What I remember most about what is inside this book is that it contained the first real entry that I wrote that has survived to this day, and that took place on April 22 when my cat Belle had her first litter of kittens and was freaking us all out. It included timed sentenced of the progression, as well as the final tally of four kittens and their names Tiger, Phantom, Sugarcane and Cali. Every April 22 I remember Belle's first litter. (What Earth Day?)



Belle Belle, as seen above, was born in 1992 (?) and is STILL. GOING. STRONG. Everytime something has happened in my life... i.e., going away to college, going away to France, moving to San Diego... I'm always wondering if that will be the last time I see her, but NOPE! She is trucking away, albeit with a dead tail and no hearing. Kathleen sent this picture to me recently, and I love it because I feel like you can just FEEL her fur through the picture. She is my baby and I know the way her fur grows and the way she likes to be held and everything about her, and seeing this makes my hands ache for her shaggy softness and cuddling with her! I love and miss her more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment