Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Joffrey Ballet

Last night I finally took my first ballet class, at a studio down in the Village. I won't lie: it was awkward. I didn't know my way around the studio (there weren't even any labels on the doors, but I'm assuming I was in the right class!), I didn't know anyone else, i didn't know their routine or protocol. I was uncomfortable.

To be frank, the class kicked my ass. In theory I knew it all still, it was still there in my head. But with no muscle or ergonomic memory left from years in hiatus, it was a struggle, to say the least.


(a view from the joffrey ballet school)

I miss dancing, and I really love it, and this is something I want to pursue. Dancing, and ballet especially, is something that can be continued almost until death, really. So I want to pick it up and run with it again. But lesson learned: time is not kind to those who wait too long inbetween classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment