Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pippin the Great!

I had really wanted to go to this Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity / March to Keep Fear Alive in DC this weekend, but really needed a weekend to just chill out!! As such, I offered to dog sit Jayna's chihuahua Pippin for her while she was in DC for the festivities.

The cats have actually taken to Pippin! P Diddy came over late last night and his energy really freaked Wolfie and Dip out, but once he was more calm, they really seemed like they wanted to make friends to the latest addition. At night, Pippin laid by my feet and Dip laid by my head.



I set my alarm to be able to walk Pippin in a timely manner. As I was trying to figure out his harness, he got so excited about walking that he ended up peeing all over my sheets. It wasn't so bad since my sheets were due for a wash, and since it would be a longer time out visiting the laundromat, I made coffee, gathered up my sheet and comforter into a trash bag, and headed out of the house with a purse on one arm, a trash bag of sheets in the other, coffee in my left hand, and Pippin's leash in the right.

We went across the street to the laundromat, I made change, we waited for a washer, and got a load going. (Pippin will ONLY walk on the left side so it proved difficult to finagle my way through the Saturday morning laundry crowd, but we survived!) we then walked a block to Central Park to Strangers Gate and did a loop on the Great Hill. It was barely 10 a.m. and the air was sharply crisp and it felt so great. I just love that feeling of being so warm but your face is nipped with cold. We made it back to the laundromat, put the load in a dryer, walked around the nearby stores until it was done, and got back where I made breakfast and more coffee (!) and watched Seinfeld. It was fun to walk a dog since my cats refused to acquiesce! It was cold, so Pippin needed his blingin' hoodie!!



I worked on an art project this afternoon... I'm branching out on my acrylic medium and am working with watercolors and ink. And now I'm getting excited for the Halloween party tonight in Brooklyn. Yesterday at work was fun with lots of Halloween festivities (it's fun to work at a school! You still get that immature side of things!) and tonight will be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment