Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Weather Lately.

Everyone's asking how the weather is. In short, it's nice. I'll never forget in my first month here when a teacher at the school told me "No one moves to New York for the weather", which is probably true, but it hasn't been so bad. It rains so much more though, but I like it.

Last night I was watching episodes of Seinfeld on my laptop when I heard the thunder and rain. It started pouring buckets and thundering, so I ended up just playing my soft nighttime music playlist and went to bed in the dark, listening to the rain and watching the lightning light up the outside and hear the thunder come closer. I haven't had a storm like that in California since I can't remember when. Apparently there was quite a bit of hail in Brooklyn too from it, but I didn't notice anything.

One sad thing was getting up this morning and how DARK it was! I got up at 6:15, but it looked like 3a. I woke up before my alarm thinking I must have hours more to sleep, but then my alarm went off and it was true. Jayna warned me about this... in the winter you get up and it's dark, and then it's already dark when you're going home. Looks like it's starting now...

No comments:

Post a Comment