Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Back in August, the plan was set in motion by my friends in San Diego to plan a surprise birthday weekend for Pam in Las Vegas. With the help of my dad, I was able to get a plane ticket out there for this past weekend. I was SO EXCITED not only for Vegas, but to see all the SD friends. A little of me thought my Vegas days were over once I moved to New York City, so I was ecstatic a trip came up that I was able to finangle my way into.

It was definitely a strange feeling having to take a 5 hour PLANE ride to Las Vegas, but once there, it felt like I had never left home!! With a suite in the Palazzo (connected to The Venetian), and two birthday girls in Las Vegas, it was a recipe for success!


Pam and Colleen, her friend from law school with the exact same birthday!


Pam and her boyfriend Doug, who more or less organized the weekend


Our group on Friday night before heading out to the Wynn and Encore


Me and Rafael! He wasn't able to come to NYC for Labor Day Weekend, so I was uber excited to see him this weekend


Next morning brunch at the Grand Lux Cafe.


Me and Sri at brunch. His favorite city is Riverside!


After brunch was poolside lounging at the Palazzo pool






Rafael, Sri and myself were the only ones who got in the water






I just love Vegas!! I love seeing all the different hotels all around, it's one of my favorite parts!


Me and bday girl Pammy inside the Palazzo. I specifically remember we were running up to the suite to finish watching the Phillies - Giants game and were a bit stressed about it, but I still made us stop for a picture




Celebrating a Giants win!


And our whole group before heading out for Saturday night on the town


Pam's goal was to hit up the Minus 5 ice bar, which we did and was really fun! We weren't able to take pictures inside but Rafael made best friends with this penguin we got a picture with on the outside



These were the pictures we took on the inside that I cheated and took a picture of. Pam's boss Christine and her coworker Laura ended up being there the same weekend and joined us for the ice bar + gambling afterwards. In Monte Carlo I begrudingly laid down $30 on the $10 minimum blackjack table and ended up playing for about 4 hours!! The table was all us and it was SO. MUCH. FUN! I got up to over $100 at some point but couldn't bring myself to cash out since the table was too fun, the music too good, the dealers awesome, the pit boss having fun with us by taunting us with a Go Rangers sign, etc. Sri spilled many a drinks, Rafael tried to climb on the catwalk, and I sang to every single song that came on, and after 4 hours still left the table up a few bucks. I sat next to Christine at the table and we had the best time joking and betting together. It was fun that it was all just us at the table. All our cheering and jeering at both the table and the Giants clips playing on the TV in front of us made people keep coming over and try to wait us out for a spot, but we were there hours!








And the walk back, I just love the Strip:


And the completed city center:


The next day we checked out and got In-n-Out (I hadn't had that since I left and was craving it!!) and then I got dropped off at the airport. It was really hard for me to say goodbye to my friends, and also to take a PLANE home, and not drive back like old times. Sometimes I forget all the little things I gave up. I love the desert landscape too. One last picture of Las Vegas from my seat on the plane...


I'm sure I'll make it back someday. I LOVE LAS VEGAS! Thank you Dad, for making it happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment