Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall Transitioning

This morning I woke up to really crisp cool air in my studio, so cold I had to wrap myself up like a burrito in my bed, the movement of which caused my cats to think I was awake and come jumping up on me and put their whiskers on my face. I love each new fall attribute that rears itself up. Only it did make me realize I need to invest in real bedding. The "comforter" i've been using is actually more a bed quilt, and the one auxiliary blanket I have is a 16 year old afghan... down comforters and thick wool blankets are now officially on the list of winter things to buy.

Also, I stopped in at Walgreen's on 96th Street to buy M&Ms (I know, how can I wonder why I gained weight?!) and there were so many fall decorations in and I was so tempted to revamp my whole places in colored leaves and pumpkin spice candles and vases of wheat! Of course, I think I'd rather be warm under a comforter and have a snow jacket with no fall decorations than be freezing and huddling around an apple spice candle. Maybe I'll start a collection for Christmas decorations at least.

Today is for coffee, music, and possibly a Central Park outing (since I found out I have to pay extra for New Jersey transit. Oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment