Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Hate Clothes

I HATE CLOTHES!! I hate I hate I hate clothes! They're expensive, they're annoying, and they go in and out of style too fast! I like looking nice, I enjoy dressing up and all, but on a daily basis it's just too much work. If it was up to me, I would just wear jeans and a shirt and a zip up jacket all day, every day, and vary the warmth of them for the seasons.

I LIKE having new (and cute!) clothes, but usually I'd rather just spend my money on things like traveling. The problem comes in when I am confronted with winter, and am starting to get weird looks on the streets with my capri pants and fingerless mittens, and I must go shopping for clothes... and I see all the sorts of things my wardrobe is lacking and go crazy with frustration. I guess it would make more sense to buy a few things here and there rather than need to buy a whole season's worth of clothes at once. (To be fair, I only really packed summer clothes in my suitcases when I came out here in May!)

I thought the pressure to look nice would be worse than it really is in New York City. It's not so bad, but no matter where I live, I'll still just want to wear jeans and a shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment