Saturday, February 5, 2011

Alphabetical Rankings

Somehow in high school, the girls in my government class came to the conclusion that the goal of marriage was to progress in the alphabetical rankings of society. So I have a decent chance of moving up in that world with a current last name of K, since there are 10 letters that come before it, while someone who already has a last name of A shouldn't even try.

I think the same could be said for the state you live in. In California, whenever filling out electronic forms and needing to select my state, just entering "C" would be enough, as California was the first one. Now, not only do I start by entering "N", but I have to scroll through Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New Mexico!! It always feels so tedious after what I grew up with. You just don't know what you have until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment