Thursday, February 3, 2011

L ♥ V E

One of the worst things about New York City is that everyone's single (and apparently wants to keep it that way). One of the best things about New York City is that everyone is single.

It seems like every day you wake up is something new, and everywhere you go is another opportunity to meet someone, and everyone seems really open to new prospects, and good at flirting. And there are so many people, and it can be so casual and just good practice. I mean, who knows how to date anymore? Like today I went to Radio Shack to get an HDMI cable to connect my computer to my TV, and the guy helping me was so friendly, and chatty, and it was such a potential situation.

Everyone who meets someone in the city seems to have such a great story of how they met their partner. In California, it's all work, school, or mutual friends. In New York, the best stories reign. You know, the barista at Starbucks mixed up our drinks... we rode the elevator in my building together... he accidentally sat on me in the subway... and I even found this article about it with New York couples specifically!

So you just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment