Monday, February 21, 2011

The Way to Boston

I kept forgetting it was a three day weekend. On Friday night a friend of mine suggested I come on up to Boston, so I found a last minute ticket on a bus and got a one-way, since I seem to go to Boston so often now I can't bring myself to buy the train ticket, which costs triple.

Did you know that Boston can be so significantly colder than New York City that we had to spend the majority of the weekend indoors? I don't think I had ever been so cold before, just walking a few blocks to get Starbucks with the wind made my face feel like it had frostbite and I had to duck into doorways to take a break because it was SO COLD. I can't even describe it. But it was my first time in Chinatown in Boston, so I still got to see something new.

Today when I decided to finally buy my ticket back, I just could not justify the extra amount for the train, so I bought another bus ticket, and I am on the bus now, I'm somewhere in Connecticut or Rhode Island, and considering the buses are charter, and have outlets and WiFi and bathrooms, they're really not all that bad, and considerably cheaper. My only problem is that on road trips now I can't sing out loud like I used to do in the car. But I can't do that on the train either.

No comments:

Post a Comment