Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bada-boom!

I did it, I found my yoga studio! There was this crazy deal going only until Memorial Day for 3 weeks unlimited for $33 so I decided to try it out.

I got up early as it was down in SoHo and I wasn't entirely sure where it was. I started to get a little nervous before going. I know people are out in public to commute for everything, but I felt self conscious in yoga clothes and carrying my mat, and I started to feel a little discouraged at going alone to a new scene, not knowing anyone or how it worked there. I've done a lot of things like this, but it still takes me out of my "comfort zone" (I hate that term).

The studio is only two trains away, I can switch to any of the N, R, Q or W trains at Times Square and exit Canal Street. It's a great area in SoHo with the Chrysler Building hovering over the immediate skyline. The studio is spacious with tons of studio rooms, rocks and rivers inside, free water and tea, and locker rooms with lockers that don't require locks but you can code them for each use. So now I'll finally have some productivity and something to do in the evenings and on the weekends.

In other news, I recently noticed this mosaic on the 50th St train station off the 1 train. They are from the original illustrations of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, which has been one of my favorite books since 5th grade. I try to collect all of the editions and in as many languages as possible. And this always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside



The other wall has Alice, the Queen, and a playing card painting the roses red

1 comment:

  1. Cool mosaic. And great job getting to yoga. Peace, maka

    ReplyDelete