Thursday, May 27, 2010

Songs of the Times

They say that scent is the quickest memory-inducing sense, which may be true, but audio is a much funner one. I love the way songs or albums can take me back to a moment or an era of life. Like, No Doubt's Return of Saturn reminds me of that summer after 8th grade when I was dating Ryan Bullard, or The Smiths always take me back to 9th grade when I went through a huge '80s obsession, and I am in my room in France when I hear any song from The Killers' Sam's Town. Lately I was wondering what songs would remind me of this time in my life, and here are a few I came up with since I listen to them a lot these days:

Kids by MGMT
Empire State of Mind by Jay Z featuring Alicia Keys
Judy is a Punk by The Ramones
Keep Holding On by the cast of Glee
Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
I've Seen That Movie Too by Elton John
and probably just about anything by Lady Gags!

No comments:

Post a Comment