Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Alice!

Alice and I met when we were both 7 years old, in second grade. We were wearing the same boots somehow. We became best friends that year.

Since I have known Alice, she has been one of the most influential people in my life, if not THE. She is supportive, kind, graceful, loving, talented, beautiful, and FUN. She can be serious, and she can have a sense of humor. She never takes the grind of life too seriously. She has been a counterbalance to my constant over-thinking anxious brain.

Alice was one of the first to hear about my potential move to New York as I went up to see her in Orange County just after I had learnt about it. She was excited, and supportive. She was there for me all through my unemployment. Actually, she's been there for me through everything. She is so selfless and always available and has always cared about me and what is happening with me. Sometimes I think she can't even imagine how much she has meant to me.

Right now our lives are polar opposites: I'm single, living in a new city alone. She is soon to be 5 years married and is pregnant with her first baby (a boy!) and lives in southern California where she was raised. With most people, when your lives change this much, so does your relationship. But with Alice we are still close, we are still friends, we are still closely involved in each others' lives. Now is especially a time in my life where I am conscious of the people who have meant a lot to me, and who are there for me, and I feel very fortunate to be able to share it.



Alice and her husband Andrei who drove up to Santa Barbara for the morning of my graduation from UCSB



Cutting the cake at Alice's graduation party from CSU Fullerton that same year



Kris and Al... Cupcake and Barbie (long story)

No comments:

Post a Comment