Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Work Place

Today was a rainy day here in New York. It felt like a refreshing change, only to save space in my luggage I didn't pack any winter clothes (save for one jacket and one scarf, both of which I wore today!)... so I may be needing those sooner than I thought. (What the heck New York, it's the middle of MAY!)

I've had a much better day today, I feel less discouraged. I don't know why i was initially, maybe discouraged wasn't the right word, because I'm finding I like this enviornment (being a part of a better structured, more professional team here rather than running the show of the barely-holding on San Diego center!) so it's probably just the transition

Here's a small look where i work...

Just off the elevators, I look at this through the window of the Student Services Bay



Here is the bay area where I work with others:




And the lobby area where students are for orientation and breaks usually:




Today I snuck down to the 2nd floor where all the corporate workers are located. There's one girl named Arielle that I worked with a lot over the phone... she is the admissions manager for South America, Spain and Portugal. Since all of the Brazilians not only flock to San Diego, but cause lots of problems, her and I were always on the phone and go way back!

We had been emailing and she wanted to know when I would arrive and so I just went in and surprised her. Everything was extremely quiet and still in the midst of all the workers, and when she saw me she was practically yelling and it was a little embarassing because I'm sure EVERYONE heard, but on the way out I also noticed a fair amount had their iPods in, so oh well.

It's been so fun to meet the people I've worked with for so long but never met! And it's just the beginning.

Lastly, I just realized today at lunch that my work is just 2 blocks down from Madison Square Garden! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment