Monday, June 7, 2010

Financial District

What a sad day to not have my camera with me! It was a magnificent day in terms of weather and colors, and just about everything else.

My eyebrows needed to be re-threaded and it was something I wanted to do over the weekend but never got around to, so I chose today to do it, since I get off work at 4p on Mondays. I just looked up some places on Yelp! (Somewhere in San Diego, Sri is oh-so-proud right now) and found one in the Financial District. Well, there were some everywhere, but I always try to venture into new neighborhoods, so I chose that particular one.

My coworkers are always shocked when they hear that I venture to SoHo for yoga, considering I live in Morningside Heights, aka the Upper- Upper West Side because relatively speaking it's far... it's like the far diagonal corners of a rectangle... but what else do I have to do? Soon I'll be spoiled enough that I won't want to ride the subway for 20-30 minutes, but it's nice to see new neighborhoods and be in new places, and I'm just getting to know the ropes and all.

The financial district is beautiful! I exited at Park Place, so maybe that's why? The gorgeous center park, all greenery and a lively fountain, exquisite architecture, relatively clean, nice, the works! Some of the little streets reminded me of Europe, only the colors were brighter here, and much more modern buildings interlaced with historic ones. I went by Ground Zero (which is under construction for the memorial, but moving to be there), and went into TriBeCa and even found a 7/11 and got an iced coffee for old times sake.

Back at my room I loaded up laundry and went downstairs to wash it right nice, but turns out the cards they operate off of can only be loaded with cash, and I spent the last of mine getting my eyebrows threaded and having an iced coffee! Back to the drawing board...

Speaking of cash, my bank is Wells Fargo which I have since learned is a Western bank... there are zip WF's out here. They have a partnership with Wachovia but even those are scarce. I should switch banks, but I've been with Wells for 6 years now and I'm finally building up my loyalty points that I'm assuming I get. I don't want to start all over....!



Me and Peng just haaaaaangin' out. Yes this stuffed penguin was carry-on on my flights to NYC, and yes I am a wee bit o'shamed. Notice my newly-threaded eyebrows though...

No comments:

Post a Comment