Friday, June 18, 2010

Homelessness

I found out that I more or less have this room indefinitely. I was thinking maybe if I could hold out through the summer, it'd be great to save on the rent, be in Manhattan, and have A/C here (which is apparently not too common in NYC).

I sorta got to the point where I was feeling like... I should start looking for a place, it'd be really nice to be settled. The whole, not having a kitchen and the bathroom down the hall is starting to wear on me. And worst of all, I can't have a cat here!

So I've started looking and man! I knew that New York was expensive but yowzers! I'm getting really discouraged. I really, really want a studio, I don't want to share with random people. And it turns out that for my first born child I can get a studio in Manhattan's Washington Heights which is on the Bronx border. I mean, it's pretty bad. I don't mind living in Morningside Heights, or Harlem, or even in Brooklyn or Astoria, but it just seems impossible to get a decent studio in a decent neighborhood.

I'm trying not to stress about it too much because I know that it will all get worked out, but it's so disheartening to continue on lowering and lowering my standards and what I'm looking for. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment