Monday, June 14, 2010

I Hate Giving Titles

The groceries in New York oddly appear to be a twilight zone opposite of those in California. Now I SUCK at pricing things or know what would be considered a good or bad price, but I did get into the routine of a few items in California, and they seem to be SO different here!

First thing, exotic salad dressings. I was used to laying down approximately $5-6 for nice salad dressings from Albertson's, you know like those sesame-ginger or mandarin-spice-lime dressing (jk aboout that second one). Yet here they were like $2.

And cereals? I felt like I could always find some on some sort of sale for a good $3, and here they're always $6 or $7.

The good news is that I finally have a fridge! The RAs saved one that a student had bought and then abandoned when they went back home, and you'd be surprised how much of the store was then open to me. Things like yogurt and cottage cheese, and all those sauces that say "refrigerate after opening". I filled it UP.

Oh and the other night, I really just wanted to have some wine and watch a movie. (I'm not a wino, and I would never order a glass of wine when I was out on the town, seriously, not even at wine bars), but I LOVE red wine in the evenings or with a nice dinner. So I bought a wine bottle, only to bring it home and realize I had no wine key! I felt like Kenny's family on South Park on the Thanksgiving episode where they are donated a can of string beans and say grace over it, all to be left staring and the mom left asking "does anyone have a can opener?" . I think I even said out loud "Does anyone have a wine key?" to myself.

As Kathleen likes to point out when I do things like make her videochat with my penguin while I do the voice... I really need to make some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment