Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Guest

My first "guest" since I've been out here is my dad, who came into town this weekend for work, even though the event got cancelled. What a weekend! We were out and about the whole time walking, taking the hot and sweaty metro, getting ice cream and going to dinner, the movies, getting drinks and watching World Cup games... it was so fun! I was SO exhausted when he left though. I took him to Penn Station and after saying bye I felt like I would just fall dead asleep and not make it to the subway... we stayed up until about 3am on Saturday night!

Didn't take many pictures, but here's what I have:

Made it to an Irish bar on the Upper West Side to watch USA v Ghana. It was packed! The atmosphere was great, but we stood for the entire second half of the game!



After the loss, the crowds flooded outside, and we saw this little number. I know we all like to dress up our pets, but this dog just LOVED it. He did not care one bit that those sunglasses were on his face, he was just chilling out there, it was cute!



On Sunday we went down to South Street Seaport Village to walk around and have brunch. Nice little area



We were here while the Mexico v Argentina game was on and it was an area where Puma had set up a "Puma City" with huge screens broadcasting the game, bracket maps, stores, and even a small soccer arena for pick up games



We walked to the other side by the pier and enjoyed the view of both the city...



...and the great Brooklyn Bridge




It was fun having a guest since I am as much a tourist as they are. Had a great time with my dad and I look forward to more and more visits from family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Daddy and his Rose tore the city up!!! Don't forget we had to stop at Blarneys TWICE so I could have sausages!
    Love you;
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete