Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Day My Quality of Life Improved

Let the record state that today I received my first air conditioning unit in New York City. It was delivered just as I was on the way out for my dance class, which was a shame, and Alex and I met up for sushi and a little East Village stroll after my class, so it wasn't until we got back around 10pm that I got to set it up (and by that time, the absolute last thing I felt like doing was reading instructions, fussing over screws and pieces, and holding an AC unit steady half way out the window)... but we managed.



Within a few minutes, my room went down 2 degrees (and it had been 85 in my room according to the unit). Man, I feel all grown up. Now when I lay in bed, sore from ballet and mourning my Belle, at least I can be cool.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Belle, it is hard to lose our four legged friends. Glad to hear you are a little cooler now, I won't tell you about CA's weather. Where in Germany did you find Arndt St. Going to Germany in 4 weeks. Luv 2 U, Aunt Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Frances! It is hard, and having had Belle for 20 years made it the hardest.

    I am so jealous of you and Aunt Judee going to Germany. The Arndt Strasse was around my friends hometown of Meerbusch (pronounced "mare-bush"), which is outside of Dusseldorf. I'm sure there are others, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHH COOLNESS!!
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete