Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Moon is Down

It's summertime in the city. The population disperses over long weekends, the air conditioning is turned on in the subway cars, and I had trouble sleeping last night for the first time because of the heat.

All in all, it is not nearly as unbearable as it was last summer in my stifling little studio... I now have large, street-side windows and a better fan which makes for a great (albeit, hot) breeze. I am faced once again with wondering if I should buy an air conditioning unit and suck up the electricity bill, or try to beat it out again. I really think I have it in me to go another summer sans the AC, but do I really want to? Something tells me the summer may pass while I try to figure that one out.

Summertime is also when I revive all my old music that took place in summers before. It just gives me the feeling of summer all over again. Lately it's the Deftones' White Pony album, No Doubt's Return of Saturn (both from the summer of 2000), and Further Seems Forever's The Moon is Down from the summer of 2003.



What a fabulous album that was, I'm wondering what's taken me so long to get back into it.

Tonight is a free outdoor movie at the Chelsea Piers! They're showing The Social Network and I'm meeting up with Jayna after work to go tan and save our space until it starts at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment