Monday, July 25, 2011

Ice Cubes to Cocoa

Last night I was so miserably hot I was beyond irritable and cranky. I kept having to get ice cubes wrapped in cool washcloths to lay on my head, before I finally threw caution to the wind, dunked my entire shirt in cold water and went to sleep in it like that.

Today at lunch break it was overcast and cool, for a welcome change. Can you believe I started to shiver? And then the rain came down, and it's been pouring. Since it's cold indoors and I usually have an afternoon coffee or tea to beat the 3pm slump, yet today I find myself with cocoa. What is that?

I just keep remembering, in my first week in NYC someone asked me why I moved here. I said "Do I need a reason?" and she said "Well, no one moves here for the weather." Ugh, still so true.



And I still miss Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment