Sunday, July 24, 2011

Even At Prom

I never did anything without Belle if I could help it. I remember when I started driving, whenever my car would be pulling into the driveway, she would come running across the lawn and wait patiently for me to get out of the car and then scoop her up and lavish her with attention. She knew the sound of my car. When I would pack a suitcase for a weekend (or a year to France) she spent all night sleeping on it, as if she was trying to keep me from opening it and packing more, or to keep me from leaving.

Every free exposure on the disposable cameras (even though 2/3 of it was spent on her anyways) I would take pictures with her. I found this one I had forgotten about. It was around 2 in the morning I think, in-between prom, and going to a prom after-party.



I know I was lucky to have her as long as I did (I've never personally known anyone with an older cat) but it still hurts... there would never be a good time to lose her.

No comments:

Post a Comment